Thursday, November 13, 2008

Old Stomping Ground

We made a trip to Nashville last weekend to visit Katie for her 20th birthday, and also to see some of our very dear friends. First of all, I can't believe Katie is 20!! Time with her is always a blessing to me. She is so much fun to be around, and is also someone I truly look up to (and I am 8 years OLDER!).



It is always such a sweet treat to go back to Nasvhille. My four years there were wonderful. Here are a few of my favorite things about Nashville;

  1. Opryland Hotel, especially at Christmas
  2. Antropologie (I finally got to go to this store for the first time this weekend)
  3. Brentwood Hills CofC
  4. The statue
  5. Nashville Marathon and Half
  6. Maggie Moos
  7. Bread and Company
  8. Mazatlan
  9. Big city feel (girls wear things you would only expect to see in NYC)
  10. US Border Cantina

Some favorites about Lipscomb;
1. Sunny days in the square
2. The professors
3. Elam - especially the 3rd floor front hall
4. Singarama
5. Intramurals - especially flag football
6. Eating upstairs at Marriot
7. Phi Sigma
8. Chapel
9. Tuesday night devos
10. Mission trips to Australia!

Thanks Keely for these great pics!!










With our friends Lisa, Brooklyn, Bear, and Keely






5 comments:

April said...

Looks like you all had fun! I'm very glad. It is nice to get away from normal routines every now and then. BTW, I did not realize we are the same age!? :) You seem alot younger than me...perhaps it's because I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old now. Ha.

Sara said...

Hilarious pic of you and Katie! Glad your face didn't get stuck that way!!

I, too, love Opryland Hotel. In fact, that is where JJ proposed to me.

awalton said...

i love your favorite things list... most of those are mine too! :) intramural flag football... so fun!

H Vest said...

Awwww....what a great post. That brought back some good memories too. In a few years, you'll be able to tell Sydney all about them...well most of them anyway. Some were way too silly :) I still remember that intramural football game our senior year when we beat Pi Delta!

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend! And thank you for that lovely pic of you and KT on my camera.