Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Lions and tigers and bears! Oh my!

Sydney and I have been blessed to be a part of a play group through church since she was only a few months old. We've enjoyed many play dates with our friends at the nursery at church, various parks around town, Sara's pool (Thank you!!), and the ZOO!! Today was an adventure at the zoo. We had perfect weather, and the animals seemed to be the most active and visible as I've ever seen them. I don't think the zoo is something only the kiddos enjoy. We enjoy it too!! The picture below was one of the neatest things I've witnessed in a while. This baby gorilla is George, and is just over a year old. He was playing right up next to the window, and is tiny! This is him nursing in his momma's open and loving arms! So neat!! I could have watched him all afternoon.

Sydney enjoyed the animals.....for about 10 seconds per animal, then she was ready to move on. This truck though was definitely a hit! She fought me when it was time to get out. She loved it.

Sydney and Carter crusin' together with Miss Sara as their chaperone.

With our friends Katie and Collin.

Sydney and Bishop explored together in the indoor kids play area. If you haven't been to the zoo, this area alone is worth a trip. It is full of different stations for the kids to learn through hands on fun, such as a play grocery store, kitchen, hardware store, tunnel, dress up area, and even smaller animals like frogs, rats, rabbits...to look at as they play.Very cool place!


5 comments:

Jules said...

How fun!! This makes me want to go to the zoo... When's the next trip?!

Holly Aytes said...

What a wonderful blessing for you both! Sounds like lots of fun :) We don't go to the zoo very often, maybe once a year, but maybe we need to go soon....looks like some neat things down there now. I would love to see that baby monkey!

Keely Hagan said...

Looks like so much fun! I am surprised they didn't keep you, you big monkey! Just kidding my love!

H Vest said...

I have so many great memories from the Knoxville Zoo. How fun to begin building those with Sydney. We need to take Noley next time we're home!

DreamNT said...

Thanks for the article and very interesting it is very interesting.









Gclub