Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Much needed new post











I haven't written in what seems like forever, so I don't know where to begin with an udpate. Basically, we are loving life as parents and are cherishing each day with Sydney. She is 6 months old now and is so much fun. She is sitting up, and reaching for EVERYTHING. I wasn't used to this at first and wasn't as careful as I should have been. A few weeks ago we were eating at Panera and somehow Syd got my napkin. I didn't notice she had it till I heard her gagging...she had bit off a piece of the napkin. It scared me to death. Praise God she was okay...she just ended up swallowing it:)

We took her swimming tonight for a little while, and have decided she is going to be the future female version of Michael Phelps...she LOVES the water, and is already going under and even doing the breast stroke kick......okay the only part of that that is actually true is the part about her loving the water. We are off to Hilton Head this weekend for a short but sweet vacation. It will be Syd's first trip to the ocean!! We are excited. Anyway, thanks for reading!!





Some other eating milestones I'd like to jot down;


1.Sydney is eating cereal twice a day pretty well

2.She has tried carrots and peas and has not been too thrilled with either (any ideas?)

6 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

She is so precious :) I find myself looking at her during church if y'all are sitting around us :) I hope she enjoys the beach...the sand will probably be a huge hit, watch that she doesn't try to eat it. Caleb did that when we took him to the beach and he was about 6 months :) As for food advice....just keep trying! She will enjoy it eventually. All of mine had a difficult time when starting solids..they were spoiled on the yummy breastmilk :)

Sara said...

LOVE the pictures of Sydney! What a cutie pie!!!

I'm so glad that she loves the pool. Carter likes to look at the water, but is very particular about the water temp being just right.

Don't you love the fact that she is sitting up on her own? I can't wait to try the highchair when we eat out now!

Sara said...

Love the pictures..she is adorable! Grant gobbles up his cereal, so I think he'll be going to town when we start the veggies. I typically stick with one vegetable until I know he likes it and then move to another. I don't mix them up until I've tried one consistently for several days.

Cindy said...

I agree with your title! Glad you're back, and looking forward to pictures from the beach.

Have you tried mixing the veggies with the cereal? Just a thought. Can't really remember a lot about those days...just trying to get my 5-year-old to eat his veggies now!!

April said...

I can't believe she is already 6 months old! Where oh where does the time go?! I hope you all have a great vacation. I bet you'll get some adorable pics there, too. I'll be looking forward to seeing some!

Anonymous said...

6 months already! Her pictures are always so sweet but where are you in all the pictures? You'll have to show a family picture from Hilton Head. Hope you had a great trip!