Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Story and Thought

Ironically enough after my last post dedicated to Millie and Flash:), I was fairly certain that I'd lost them today. It all started when earlier today I noticed Flash chewing on something out on the deck. Sadly it was a turtle scared and closed up in its shell:( I wasn't sure if Flash had killed it or not but he sure was chewing away at the shell. I turned it upright to see if maybe by the time Sydney and I got back from lunch the turtle would have migrated to a different spot. When we got home thankfully it had moved!! It was hiding under our grill and needed to be moved to a safer spot on the outside of our fence away from Flash. To do this, I open and realize later left open our gate. I didn't realize this till the dogs had been outside for 10 minutes or so. They were long gone...free to run and roam, which they loved every second of I am sure!! A huge THANK YOU to the Salvador family, a.k.a. the best next door neighbors in the world who stayed with Sydney as she slept through all this, and helped drive around and eventually find them for me!!

One of my favorite things in the summer are afternoon thunderstorms! It is a reminder to me of God's power and creativity. I just love it when it gets nice and dark before a short but heavy down pour along with thunder and lightning. Sydney only being 16 months old hasn't seen too many storms in her day:) Therefore she is really scared of not only thunder, but loud trucks, lawn mowers, etc....Any time there is loud noise outside she says in a real paniced voice, "mon mow, mon mow..."
And last but not least a couple pics from the last few days!!

Sydney and her buddy Carter

Syd and Lyd swimming together

3 comments:

Kate Kehne said...

Poory Syd being scared! She wouldn't want to be at our house very long then! ;)

Sara said...

I'm so glad that Millie and Flash are safe and sound.

Cute pic of Sydney and Carter in the wagon. That was a fun afternoon and I was so impressed with how well they rode together.

We've had two afternoon thunderstorms right in the middle of nap time. Surprisingly, Carter slept right through both of them so I don't know what he thinks about them yet. Sorry that Sydney thinks it's scary. But it's cute that she can say "mo mower." She's really picked up a lot of words!

Roochita said...

yay for saving a turtle's life! how far had Millie and Flash gotten? were they together? WHEW for finding them!

i hate that Sydney gets scared but that sure does sound cute!