Monday, July 13, 2009

Beautiful Utah

Syd, Drew, and I just got back from a long, wonderful vacation in Utah. After a trip out there we always come home feeling rejuvenated and reminded of God's power and love. His creation there is utterly breathtaking, and it never gets old. From the beautiful mountains, to the bodies of water, it's a taste of heaven on earth. We are thankful to be able to go there and cherish every minute of it.
We were blessed to have Matt and Gabby and Michael and Emily join us for part of the trip. We enjoyed our visit with them so much. Syd loved getting to spend such good time with her uncles -- thanks Uncle Matt and Uncle Michael for teaching her her latest, hippest dance move. I wish we'd gotten it on tape! Thanks again for coming yall!!

The gang enjoying the sunset before a bonfire

The second part of the trip my mom met us out there. We are always blessed by time with her. Not only is she a ton of fun, she's also an example to me. She is constantly looking for ways to serve others. Sydney sure loves her Grammie (she calls her mammie). Thank you mom!!!
Taking a breather during a bike ride
Good times in the hammock
Hiking part of the way to Mt. Timpanogas Cave
We laughed the second half of our trip at one of Sydney's newest words....Ohgooguy....any guesses as to what she means when she says this?! She repeatedly said this word, so we knew she wasn't just jibber jabbering. It really meant something. We finally figured out she meant MOTORCYCLE...there are lots of them in Utah and she never missed one going by. Mom thinks we need to get her ears checked:)



10 comments:

will said...

I always look for the crazy face/silly pose pic toward the end...

That trip brings back fond memories! Love it out there!

Holly Aytes said...

Sounds like fun! I have never been out west but hope to go one day, Matt has been and says it is so beautiful :) That baby is just precious! Glad y'all had some fun :)

Cameron said...

I am so glad you guys went out there and the pictures make me miss our trip. Andy and I are planning a trip out there in Jan to ski and are so looking forward to going. We need to see you guys soon!!!

Keely said...

Oh so fun! I would love to hear Syd say motorcycle..can you just bring her on up in a couple weekends so I can?

Jessica said...

Katie always points out motorcycles : )I am glad you all had a good time- it is gorgeous out there! We miss you...maybe next week??

Sara said...

Looks like a wonderful trip. Sydney is adorable. You really really look like your momma. Two pretty ladies!

ladymundie said...

PRECIOUS! Utah is beautiful...wowzer...Would love to be there in that cool place than here in this heat! Looks like yall had a great time!

H Vest said...

Great pictures. I love the one of Drew and his bros with Sydney. Also the one with Sydney and the frog - that one made me laugh because it looks like it's about to eat her. And I loved the movie Sister's Keeper- it was less sad then the book with the different ending but still sad. Did I tell you I nursed Nolan during the movie? There were only 4 people in there besides us and I was quite proud :)

Roochita said...

Too many things to comment about in this post- LOVE all the pics, esp the pic of Sydney in her hat and the family pic close to the end (looking lovely in the green dress Al!). Ohgooguy is how I am going to refer to motorcycles from now on in honor of Sydney :-) Glad you had such a wonderful visit!

Emily said...

So glad you guys had a great time. Beautiful pictures!! I miss you!